Fraser Explorer day tours take you to see the highlights of World Heritage listing Fraser Island, in just one day!
Enjoy the amazing variety of landscape that Fraser Island has to offer - long surf-pounded beaches, luxuriant rainforests, pristine freshwater lakes, and vast desert-like sand dunes. Learn about its fascinating Aboriginal and pioneering history, how the Island was formed and marvel at its interesting wildlife and unique landscape. This tour really does have it all!
If you are short on time, the 1 Day Fraser Explorer Tour is a great choice, ensuring you don't miss out on any of the highlights that the beautiful Fraser Island has to offer. The action packed day tour includes informative commentary from your expert driver, who will guide you through the iconic scenery of this highly sought after holiday destination. Enjoy this refreshing change from Australia's busy East coast, and get back to nature at its very best.
1 Day Fraser Explorer Tour Features:
- Full day guide 4WD tour
- Experienced guide
- Courtesy transfers to and from your Hervey Bay or Rainbow Beach accommodation
- Barge transfers from River Heads, Hervey Bay - departing at 8:30am
- Delicious buffet lunch at Eurong Resort
- All National Park fees
- Ask us about family prices!
If you are looking for a day tour that ensures you encounter all of the top highlights that the island has to offer, you have found it here!
- Early pickup with ferry departure for Fraser Island at 8:30m
- Swim in a crystal clear waters of Lake McKenzie or simply relax on its dazzling white shores
- Explore Central Station, a former forestry camp with huge satinay, scribbly gum, brush box and kauri trees
- Walk along the banks of Wanggoolba Creek which flows gently and silently through lush rainforests
- Travel up famous Seventy-Five Mile Beach to see the coloured sands of the Pinnacles and the famous Maheno Shipwreck
- Stop for a swim in Eli Creek, as it flows lazily through the dunes out to sea
- Relax and enjoy a delicious hot and cold buffet lunch at Eurong Beach Resort
- Departs from Hervey Bay to River Heads for the 8.30am barge crossing to the Wanggoolba Creek landing on Fraser Island. Pick up at accommodation between 6.45am and 7.45am
- Departs from your Rainbow Beach accommodation from 7.15am
- Return on the 5pm barge back to River Heads, and to your Hervey Bay accommodation.
- Returns at 4pm on the barge, arriving back in Rainbow Beach around 5.00pm to your accommodation.
Please note: itinerary is subject to change due to tides and weather conditions.
Children under 4 must travel in an appropriate car/booster seat. Passengers may bring their own, or hire one for $20 (bookings are essential).
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
Please wear comfortable walking shoes and pack a small day bag with swimming costume, beach towel, water bottle, sweater/jacket (for colder months) hat, sunscreen, insect repellant, camera, drinks or snacks.
Courtesy pick up from your accommodation and barge transfers to Fraser Island, full-day guided tour, buffet lunch, National Park fees
Please note, surcharges apply for peak seasons.
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the tour. If the tour operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to the departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.